Zipp’s 30 Course Disc-brake Clincher aluminum wheelset is as packed full of innovations as your best day on a bike was packed with euphoria. The 30 Course Disc-brake Clincher’s durable wide rim profile offers enhanced aerodynamic efficiency as well as better comfort and cornering grip. This is a high-performance aluminum wheelset engineered to provide versatility for the new era of road cycling that includes disc-brake road applications but also cyclocross and gravel adventures, riding or racing.
Advanced Aluminum-Rim Technology
The 30 Course Clincher is Zipp’s first wheelset to be tubeless-ready, providing the ability to run lower tire pressures without risk of pinch flats. The 30 Course Disc-brake wheelset, with its external 25mm rim width and 21mm internal width, incorporates design innovations from the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher profile for low aerodynamic drag, greater stability and predictability in crosswinds. That wider rim platform allows for increased air volume, which spreads the tire casing. That helps increase the contact patch with the ground. The result is improved cornering grip and increased comfort on the road.
Hub Technology With the 77/177D
- Engineered for versatility, durability and simplicity. Same 77/177D hubset used in Zipp 202 and 303 Firecrest Disc-brake wheelsets.
- Bearing preload precision set – that means no pre-load adjustment is needed.
- Improved bearing protection and sealant.
- Includes newly designed quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, lever contours neatly with the frame.
– Front: 12x100mm & 15x100mm
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Ray® spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness without sacrificing weight or robustness.
- New distinctive hub graphics.